The Cochrane Consumers and Communication Review Group coordinates the preparation and publication of Cochrane reviews of interventions to improve people’s interactions with the health system.
To do this, we involve many people in different roles. For example, researchers, clinicians, policy makers, health managers, consumers and carers can all be involved with one or more of the following roles:
- Author of a Consumers & Communication review
- Referee of a Consumers & Communication review
- User of a Consumers & Communication review
- Interested reader of our work (eg Cochrane reviews, Evidence Bulletins) who passes it on to others
- Someone who nominates what new reviews need to be done.
We would like to look at better ways of involving people in our work and in any of these roles, or in new roles.
We are therefore holding a brainstorming session to:
- Hear from existing members of our Group about their experience
- Hear from leaders in the consumer participation sphere about what we could be doing
- Discuss some strategies for greater involvement by people in all the role
When: Tuesday 23 June (from 2.00-4.30pm)
Where: The AMREP Education Centre, at the Alfred Medical Research and Education Precinct, Alfred Hospital, Commercial Road, Prahran.
If you are interested in attending, please email us via that form at Contact us.